Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Here before we know it

What is it about holidays that makes them come so fast? I feel like we just got settled down after Christmas. Then Valentine's Day came before I could get cards to all my friends. Now Easter will be here before we know it. It is sooooo early this year. March 23rd will be here soon.
To help get some ideas for Easter projects I joined a swap on SCS with a few other demos. Here is my contribution to that swap. I ordered the stamp set "A Good Egg" a couple of weeks ago. I love it in every way possible. There is so much you can do with the little pieces. For this particular card I thought it would be fun to have a non-traditional fold. It opens just under the grass. The grass and basket fold down and the egg folds up to reveal the hatched chick inside the card.
The grass was simple. A strip of Mellow Moss slightly taller than the bottom edge of the card. Using my paper snips I cut it for the grass blades. The basket was made using the tab punch and both oval punches. The egg was fun to make. The stamp set comes with various things you can use to decorate the egg. I first stamped the egg shape onto Whisper White cardstock. I then stamped the flowers and dots all over it. I stamped the zig zag on a scrap piece of cardstock. After coloring it all in, I cut out both pieces and layered them together. There is also open and closed circles to choose from. You could even stamp the egg onto some pattern paper for a decorated look. You could also use all those other small background type stamps to fill in your egg.
The sentiment comes from the same stamp set. I punched it out with the word window punch to place in the corner. The ribbon is 1/4" grosgrain. The ribbon slider is from the Silver Hodgepodge set in the upcoming Occassions Mini Catalog. A few punches of the ticket corner punch for the inside panel and viola. The coloring of the egg took the longest, but the card was simple to make.

No comments :