Friday, January 25, 2008

Sketch Challenges

I am working on some projects for my club next weekend and a Cricut swarm I am going to. I don't want to show those projects just yet. In the mean time here are a couple of cards I made while trying to also catch up on some SCS sketch challenges.
I worked on SC147 first. I don't use the "Define Your Life" stamp set near as much as I would like to. I fit wonderfully for this challenge. I wanted to pull the main image into the rest of the card a little more, so I stamped the "Ll" a few times in the background. For an added embelishment the double stiched ribbon and a pretties flower were a simple choice. I used a little crystal effects to put the half pearl in the middle of the flower.


For SC149 the only thing I knew was that I wanted an image too big for the diamonds. The "Time Well Spent" had a few choices. My DD loves the butterfly. I stamped it out onto some Whisper White card stock. I started to color it in with various In Colors and my aqua painter. I originally thought I would color the main part of the wings, but I didn't want to have all that white area around the butterfly. I had already used the Soft Sky for the wing edges. Groovy Guava was the next lightest In Color I had. I decided to color around the butterfly with that and then decide what color to do the butterfly itself. I really liked the white wings after coloring around it.


The main panel has Soft Sky flowers stamped all around the saying, but it doesn't show on the picture. It looks really nice IRL and help to tone down the large blank area. I played for a while with the mat and ribbon colors. I debated using Purely Pomegranate, but settled on the Soft Sky mats and River Rock DS Ribbon.

No comments :