Saturday, January 19, 2008

A couple of thanks

I have two simple thank you cards for you to see today.
The first I made for my customers. I wanted to slip a little thanks and reminder of our next club meeting into their bags. The card is 3x3 and uses the new felt flowers. The picture doesn't do it justice. The new felt flowers are too cute. I know it said 130 pieces in the catalog, but I was still surprised when I open the little tin. There was a nice stuffed bag inside. The colors are fabulous. I wasn't sure at first how I would like the pumpkin, but it is a lovely color. I used the Rose Red ones for the cards. The larger flower layer is the 5 petal flower punch. I tipped the edges in my ink pad. I also used the punch to make some leaves to put behind the flower. I put a rhinstone brad in the center. A little strip of designer prints paper and some ribbon. DONE!! Quick card. I stamped the swirl after I made the bottom part. Next time I would stamp it first so it is tucked under a little more.
The second card is for a special friend. She came over and watched my kids while my DH took me to the hospitol for an IV and some meds. She is a blessing. I wouldn't have made it through the night without her. The sentiment is from "All Holidays". The butterfly is from "Priceless". I did use my cuttlebug on the background. I got the layout for this card from Jan Tink. I saw her card on her blog a month or so ago. Mine is a little simpler, but I really like the postcard look to the main image area.

No comments :