Sunday, January 27, 2008

Inspiration file

Whenever I come across something that strikes me I either save the project to my computer or write it on my list of ideas/tips. Then there are the ones that strike me so hard I just remember them. I have had this tip in the back of my mind for sometime now. When I saw it I immediately put the item I needed on my next order. I have tried before to use it, but the timing wasn't right. It just sat there in the back of my mind everytime I came across the item that I ordered. Well, I finally got around to using it.
What was the item?
It was the "My ABC's" Stampin' Around Wheel. The one that looks like the old grade school paper you used when you learned how to write. Someone had used it to make a their own plaid style background paper. I had out my In Color stamp pads from some previous projects. I started with the Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou. I rolled each one alternating colors in both directions on the card stock. Then I went in between each pass(actually overlapping) with my Purely Pomegranate ink in both directions.
I loved the way the paper looked. I still wasn't sure how to use it the best still. I looked through all my stamp sets and pulled out the ones new to my collection in the last month or so. I looked at them all and nothing still came to mind. I looked on my bullitan board. I have all the old sketch challenges hanging up their. One stood out to me. I looked again through my stamp sets and found "Unfrogettable" I havn't used it in awhile. The paper looked like it was perfect for a masculine card. The frog would be perfect for a Valentine. A few stamps, some aqua painter watercoloring, and a quick embelishment later and you have my take on a Masculine Valentine card using sketch SC155 and my very own designed background paper. I had actually intended for more of my wonderful paper to show in the background when I got the vision, but the tag needed something else, so it got a strip of Purely Pomegranate underneath the ribbon.
Stamps: Unfrogettable, ABC's Wheel
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky Textured, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate
Ink: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Wild Wasabi DS Ribbon, Slot Punch, 1-3/8" & 1-1/4" circle punches, dimensionals
Don't forget to check your inspiration file for some ideas you might have forgotten or start one of your own today.

No comments :