Friday, August 24, 2012

Double Take

One of my favorite places to get inspiration for new cards is from old cards.  I was going through some old swaps I have had in a box for, well, we'll just say "a long time".  The stamp set has been long retired and some of the cardstock colors are even gone.  I LOVED the layout though, so it was a prime candidate for an update.  I liked it so much, I made two.

The first card features the Aviary stamp set.  This stamp set comes with 4 bird cages, 4 birds and what is commonly used as the stand to put the cages on.  I didn't want to have my cages hanging in mid-air, but also wanted the decorative part of the stand to show.  I turned it sideways and love how the cages can hang from the base of the stand.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I spritzed the main area with my Gold Glow Smooch Spritz.  Inside the card I have a bird cage also.  The torn edge was inked with a direct to paper technique. It is a little heavy for my taste, so next time I think I will use a spounge for lighter coverage.

The second card features the stamp set Reason to Smile.  SU! offered this stamp set as a special during the month of July.  Though this stamp set was only offered for the one month, it is still a great stamp set for this layout.  I encourage you to look through your older, dusty stamp sets and see if you have a retired or "forgotten" (gasp) stamp set that would work great for you.  I colored the image with ink from the lid and a blender pen.  The accessories are part of the new In Color collection for 2012-2014.  3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Raspberry Ripple and the In Color Dahlias (Gumball Green).

The sentiments for the two cards come from current stamp sets, Perfect Punches and Loving Thoughts.

PRODUCTS USED:
Card 1:  Aviary (WM #116956, CM#120462, Digital #124476), Perfect Punches (WM#117022, CM#120516), Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold Glow Smooch (#118770), Scallop Oval Punch (#119856), Melon Mambo Scallop Dots Ribbon (#122985)
Card 2:  Reason to Smile, Loving Thoughts (CM#125843, CM#125845), Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Shimmer Paper (#101910), Scallop Oval Punch (119856), Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon (#126845), In Color Dahlias (#127556), Blender Pen (#102845)

ORDER ONLINE 24/7 at My Demonstrator Website.  Check out my Frequent Stamper Miles Program.  

Aviary (WM#116956, CM#120462, Digital #124476)
Perfect Punches (WM#117022, CM#120516)   
In Color Dahlias #127556



No comments :