Monday, August 16, 2010

Emboss Resist Wheel

Here is the second card I made at the Wheelin' Good Time Workshop. The technique was emboss resist and gave tips for what to do when you don't have an ink cartridge for your handle.

For the emboss resist technique I used versamark. Since I don't have a versamark ink cartridge for my handle, I used my regular sized versamark ink pad. I simply rolled the wheel image across the ink pad several times. I then rolled the image onto the Whisper White cardstock. You can do this with any wheel and ink as long as you don't need the wheel to go around more than once.
I coated the versmark image in clear embossing powder and heated it with my heat tool as you would for any heat embossing. Using a Stampin' Sponge and my ink pads, I sponged ink onto the embossed cardstock. The embossing with resist the ink and only stick to the cardstock itself. You can do this with one color or several colors. You can use several techniques to put the ink onto the cardstock. When you are done, simple use a tissue, cotton ball or clean sponge to remove any excess ink from the embossed image.
The bird image was stamped from the "Punch Potpourri" Stamp Set. This stamp set is a Hostess Level 1 Stamp Set and available to hostesses of a $150 workshop. You can also place an individual $150 order to receive this stamp set. Contact your demonstrator to book your workshop today or order online 24/7 at My SU! Website.

Products Used:
Stamps: Very Vintage Jumbo Wheel, Punch Potpourri (Hostess Level 1)
Colors: Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Versamark
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Concord Crush Stitched Poly Ribbon, 2 Step Bird Punch, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

No comments :