Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Builder Wheels

The third project I demonstrated at the Wheelin' Good Time Workshop used the new Builder Wheels Stampin' Up! has released. The great part about Builder Wheels is you can use any combination of 1 to 3 wheels for different effects. The only additional item you will need to use builder wheels as opposed to regular wheels is a Builder Wheel Spindle and Spacer Set (#119895, $3.95). The spindle fits into any jumbo wheel handle. You can then use the spacers to place 1 or 2 builder wheels in any position on the handle or use 3 builder wheels all together.
I used 3 Builder Wheels together on my spindle. I used a jumbo ink cartridge with Bashful Blue Ink for my images. I first rolled the wheels onto Bashful Blue Cardstock for a tone on tone effect. Then I rolled the same wheels onto Whisper White Cardstock. I cut out the portion I wanted to use on my card and placed it over top of the Bashful Blue Cardstock image. The wheel image also has the words "You Did It" repeated several times. I cut that portion out and stuck it behind the mated image. For a little something extra I added a rhinstone brad to the main sentiment strip and embossed the front of the card base with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder. This card is FAST & SIMPLE. Try different arrangements of your Builder Wheels for different looks. You can also ink a special cartridge so each wheel has it's own color.

Products Used:
Stamps: Builder Wheels (Striped, Confetti, You Did it)
Colors: Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Rhinstone Brad, Polks Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Builder Wheel Spindle Set

No comments :