Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's with Daughter

Valetine's Day has come and gone. Mine was so fun this year. I sat down with my daughter one night and made Valentine's for her Kindergarden class. We had to make 20 of them. Her face just lights up when I let her stamp with me.
We started off by stamping some handmade pattern paper. We used the "I {Heart} Hearts" stamp set, current on promotion for Haiti Relief. We stamped the main hearts in Real Red and Pixie Pink. I also put some outline hearts on in Basic Grey. Next she put together the pieces for the sentiment tags, while I preped the treat cup holes.

I used a 1-3/4" circle punch for the hole in the pattern paper we made. I then traced the hole onto the card base, so I knew where to punch the treat cup hole. She helped to cut out the pieces for the candy machine and put dimensionals on the back. When we had everything ready, she would take the backs off the dimentionals and put the pattern paper on the card front over the treat cup.

While she was writting her name on each one with a Stampin' Write Marker, I closed each card with some simple snail adhesive and assembled the slider pieces. A little bit of ribbon made it easy for the kids to put the tab and get the candy out. She helped me fill all the treat cups and put the sliders in. She was so excited to take these to school. They were a big hit with all the kids and the teacher.

No comments :