Thursday, February 18, 2010

Easel Thank You

A couple of weeks ago the power had gone out in our house for 4 days. We were lucky enough to have several friends willing to house us until power was restored. I made this card as a thank you for their generosity. It is an easel card.

Easel cards are easy enough to make. The main base of my card is 4-1/4" by 11". I scored the cardstock at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2" I attached another 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" front to the card. To help it stand open I put a button inside the card with a mini glue dot. You can use just about anything to help it stand open. Even just a few layers of your cardstock inside will be enough.
I stamped the woodgrain background onto my cardstock. The sentiment is from the Define Your Life Stamp Set. I punch a couple of holes with the slot punch to put my ribbon through. The ribbon is held in place by a couple of sivler brads. The edges were punched with the new Scallop Trim Punch. This punch is available for FREE with a $50 product purchase until the end of March. Contact me or a demonstrator in your area to learn more about the Sale-A-Bration promotion. The pink area inside the card was used for writting my thank you after I took the photo.

No comments :