Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby Gift

My daughters teacher having her first child soon. I made her a set of thank you cards in a box. I didn't have a pattern for the box. I just figured out how big I wanted the pocket to be and went from there. Each pocket is approximately 6" long x 1" wide x 2.5" deep. I used a straight piece of paper to bind the two pockets together. A portion of the straight piece is adheared inside the pocket. I made her 8 cards with envelopes. I could have fit more in the box if I needed to.

The cards are 6" x 3" and cut from a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock. The decorative square was made using the Scallop Trim Straight and Corner Punches. The straight punch is available for FREE thru the end of March with a $50 order. The giraffe image is from the Fox & Friends Stamp Set. The basket and sentiment are from the Level 2 Hostess Stamp Set in the Occassions Mini Catalog. I stamped the giraffe with Barely Banana rocked in Apricot Appeal. The same giraffe is stamped on the outside of the envelope. The sentiment and basket are stamped in Creamy Caramel and then colored in lightly with the thin tip of the Stampin' Write Markers. I also added some grass with the Certainly Celery Stampin' Write Marker.

The background was run through the Big Shot with the SU! Textured Impressions Folder found on page 35 of the Occassions Mini Catalog. There is a piece of Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon tied around the background. The image panel is put on with dimensionals. I punch a scallop oval hole in the front of the card so you could so the "thank you" attached to the inside. The box is held shut with a piece of Wide Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon.

Please contact me or a demonstrator in your area for questions about these or other Stampin' Up! products.

No comments :