Friday, December 11, 2009

Snowman Soup

Snowman Soup is always a favorite of mine do make as small gifts for people. It is perfect for co-workers, neighbors, or your child's teacher. The basic idea is to give someone all the makings of the perfect cup of cocoa. You need the cocoa packet, some mini marshmallows, a couple hershey kisses and a candy cane to stir it all with.

Some people put it all in a mug as a cute little present. In my experience everyone has more holiday mugs than they will ever need. So I wanted to do something a little different. I saw a few pictures on SCS where people made little boxes to hold their items. This could work for me. I got out my Box #2 Big Shot Die and tried it out. Worked like a charm. To help the cocoa packet fit a little better I cut a small portion of the left tab off. I also punched a hole in the tab to stand the candy cane into. I made 18 of these for the craft fair last weekend and they were gone within a few hours.
TIP WHEN USING THE BIG SHOT: It will cut through thick layers and this will allow you to multiple sheets of cardstock into the machine at once. However, when cutting with a die that has fold lines, DO NOT put too many sheets of cardstock in. The part of the die that puts in the fold lines will cut through your layers of cardstock if there are too many. Hard lesson learned.

The image on the front is from the Hostess Level 3 Stamp Set "The More The Merrier". I colored it in with some Stampin' Write Markers. The tag I printed on my computer onto Whisper White Cardstock. The whole package is tied up with some Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon.
There are several variations for the poem. The one I used is...
When it’s so cold that,
You holler and whoop.
It’s time to bring out,
The Snowman Soup!

Pour the packet in a mug,
Add the snowballs too.
Throw in the kisses
From the snowman to you.

Now add some hot water,
Stir with the peppermint stick.
If you want to warm up,
This will do the trick.

No comments :