Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ghirardelli Box

I personally am not one for Ghirardelli chocolates, but I know many people who are. There is a tutorial on SCS to make these boxes. The tutorial fits 4 Ghirardelli chocolates. For the craft fair, I altered the size of the box to fit 3 chocolates. 1) to make the bag stretch and get more projects. 2) because 3 pieces is one serving size.
My cardstock was 3-3/4" wide scored at 3/4" & 3" by 7-1/2" tall scored at 2", 2-3/4", 4-3/4", 5-1/2". I cut of the excess cardstock next to the top and front flap. It is held together with a little bit of sticky strip on the sides. I wrapped a band 3/4" wide around the box to hold the front flap down. The front flap slips out from behind the band.
The stamped label is attached to the band. It is stamped from the Level 1 Hostess Set "Holiday Best". I inked the image in Chocolate Chip. Then using a que-tip, took off the chocolate ink where I wanted it to be red. Using a Stampin' Write Marker I colored in the red portion. I "huffed" on the stamp to wet the ink and then stamped it onto Very Vanilla. It is punched out with the large oval punch. I attached a strip of Wide Grosgrain Ribbon to the sides inside the box.




No comments :