Friday, July 10, 2009

The good ole' Red, White & Blue

"Seeing Stars" has a lot of potential. My first instinct was to punch out the various stars with my star punches and layer them on one another. When I got the stamp set, I had a new vision. A field of stars. This is what resulted. I did not stamp a sentiment on the front, so I can grab it in the future when needed. A simple "Thank You", "Congrats", or Welcome Home" would go nice in the lower left corner.
I used Real Red and Briliant Blue ink to make the background. A short strip of 5/8" Red Grosgrain across the center and a quick mat of Real Red and Brilliant Blue is used to showcase the Ribbon. The "Ribbon of Hope" is stamped in Yo Yo Yellow. Make sure to check out the very last page of the catalog. There are some wonderful images on the $10 and under page. While you there check out the Ronald McDonald House stamp set on the inside back cover. It is cute. Check back this week for samples using "Very Thankful".

No comments :