Saturday, July 11, 2009

2009-2010 In Colors

I have been working on designing my swaps this weeks for the Stampin' Up! Convention next month. I wanted to try something with the new In Colors and a technique I normally don't do. Faux techniques have always been a little intimidating to me. I decided to try out Faux Silk. Though I have decided not to use this particular card for my convention swaps, it was nice to finally try a new technique.
Faux Silk is a technique using tissue paper so the cardstock has a feel and look of silk in the end. You can find a wonderful tutorial for Faux Silk on SCS here. When I made my card, I did (accidentally) skip the crumple the tissue paper step. I happened to use the same stamp set as the tutorial without meaning too. "Embrace Life" has been in the catalog for awhile now. It is a nice everyday use stamp set. You can dress it up with any sentiment or use the images in the background.

I used three of the new In Colors. Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, and Bermuda Bay. The images were all stamped on tissue paper with Basic Black and then colored in with Rich Razzleberry. I covered the white cardstock with a glue stick before laying down the tissue paper. Using the Piercing Tool (now sold separately) I gave the edges a little detail. The ribbon is Dotted Rich Razzleberry. I really like the look of these three colors together.
Check back this week for more cards using the new In Color and a color comparison of them all.

No comments :