Saturday, March 8, 2008

baby shower invites

I haven't posted in awhile, but I sure have been stampin' a lot. I have been working for the better part of the last few days on my good friends baby shower invitations. I am one of the hostesses of her party and wanted to make these invites special. I made the trial one before starting mass production. I didn't feel like it took too long, so I thought 20 wouldn't be too bad. Yeah, I was wrong. Still, I love them and wouldn't have changed a thing even if I knew they would have taken even longer.
There are two pictures. One is a close up of the closed invite. The other you have to imagine what is behind the envelope (also stamped). I didn't want to reveal any personal information of the other hostess, so the envelope covers the open invite. You can still see the tag coming out of the top and how the sailboat folds up to reveal the time and place of the party. The mom-to-be's registry information and such is on the back of the invite.
The sail boat was colored with markers and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, then cut out and layered on Confetti White and Barely Banana. The back of the card is Confetti White, which is also revealed when the tag is pulled up. The stars on the front are stamped in the Sky Blue Classic Ink. The full tutorial for how to make one of these cards can be found here.
Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Confetti White, Whisper White
Ink: Sky Blue, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Basic Black
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Paper cutter with scoring blade, Jumbo Pewter Eyelets, Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

1 comment :

dasimonds said...

Very Cute Baby Cards!
I love the soft colors..
The Barely Banana is the perfect mix!
I can see that you have been very busy..and they look GREAT!!