Monday, November 5, 2007

She's having a baby

Not me.
A few people have asked if I would make cards for them. I sat down the other day and made a couple of samples for each of them. I will try and show you one each day this week. I am chairman of our church craft bazaar this weekend and have an incredibly time consuming job with set up this week. Please be patient, I will do my best to show you some new things.
On to todays card.
The first request was for some baby announcements. She wanted them to be very simple. I only own one "baby" stamp set and it was retired in July. This basic design would work with many stamp sets, in many colors, with many sentiments.
The bunny is colored in with markers to match the Designer Prints So Saffron Paper. On the left edges of the image I went over the coloring with a second layer of the same marker color to give it a little shading. The mat for the image and the sentiment is Sage Shadow cardstock. The ribbon is white grosgrain. I cut a length, tie the knot and then attached it to the card with some snail adhesive. The sentiment is from "warm words" and punched out with the small oval punch. It is layer on a piece punched with the large oval punch.
For the announcments, the birth information would be placed on the inside of the card. This card could also be used as a card for the new mom. The colors are very gender neutral, but can be changed easily with the selection of Designer Paper. Then simply color the bow to match the paper or gender of the baby.

No comments :