Thursday, November 1, 2007

Get Well Angela

For those of you who don't know the FA in FA_Stamper stands for Field Artilery. My husband is in the army. We have a group of wives that get together to support one another and be sure we are up to date with any news for the unit. I received notice the other day that one of the ladies had to have emergency surgery for complications from a previous surgery.
I have volunteered to make a meal for her family on Friday. Angela is an on the go person who is always doing things for others. I wanted to make her something special to make her feel better that she has to stop and rest. What better way to do that than with chocolate.

I made her a chipboard coaster box using the "Cutie Pie" Designer Series Paper. I had to hide the candy from my DD, I will add that tomorrow. I covered the four sides of the box with the Designer Paper. The inside is covered with Bashful Blue. The bottom on inside bottom are covered with Old Olive. I used the same image on each side. It is from the "Greetings Galore" stamp set. This set is perfect for any quick note card you could ever need.

I had a few pieces of the Designer Paper left over so I also made her a card and candy wrap. The base of both items is Bashful Blue. The ribbon is Wide Old Olive Grosgrain. The simple tag on the candy is from "Loads of Love". I punched it out with the tag punch and attached it to a scallop circle with a brad. Be sure to check out the after Halloween candy sales. I got this giant Kit Kat bar for only a quarter today. I got a few (19) extras just in case. :wink:
The card uses the largest flower in the Pretties Kit. It is held on with the rhinstone brad that came in the kit. The sentiment, from "Sincere Salutations", is stamped on Old Olive and punched out with the Key Tag Punch.
I used less than one sheet of Designer Paper, 2 sheets of Bashful Blue and 1/2 sheet of Old Olive. This was a quick simple project that will hopefully warm her heart. Try one for a friend of yours today.

No comments :