Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Simply Stunning Doily

I really enjoy when a card is quick, easy and full of WOW!  I participated in a swap with my fellow Stampin' Addict Demonstrators a couple weeks back.  Normally in swaps I have a tendency to use lots of things like embossing folders or extra embellishments.  This time we were given strict guidelines to the number of things we could use.
We were only allowed to use one color family.....I chose Bold Brights.
We were only allowed to use one embellishment.....I chose Real Red Satin Ribbon.
We were only allowed to use one stamp set (and sentiment if none in stamp set chosen)......I chose Hello, Doily.
The idea was to keep it simple and not use a lot of different products.  I stamped the image in versamark and covered it with various colors from my Stampin' Pastels using a cotton ball.  This technique called Poppin' Pastels is one of my favorite.  It always brings out the colors in a bold way.  I started in the center with some Daffodil Delight.  Next I added some Tangerine Tango and Old Olive.  Lastly I put on some Pacific Point.  I then lightly rubbed the Pacific Point cotton ball over the outer area of the Whisper White cardstock.  As you are adding each color, blend it into the one before.  At the end I gently brushed my Pacific Point cotton ball over the entire area to clean up any dust left behind.  It also gave that little bit of shade to really pull the colors forward.
The sentiment is from my go to sentiment set, Sincere Salutations.  It is stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink.  You can easily make this card in any color scheme to match the occasion.  The ribbon is two pieces.  The first is long and adheres to the back.  The second is short and ties to the first piece.

You can order Stampin' Up! Products 24/7 by clicking on "Shop Now" in the upper right corner of My Demonstrator Website.

Products Used:
Stamps: Hello, Doily (wm #122845), Sincere Salutations (#115068)
Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark (#102283), Basic Black (#101179)
Accessories: Real Red Satin Ribbon (#117291), Stampin' Pastels (#120962)

Stampin' Pastels (#120962)
Versamark (#102283)





1 comment :

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

And the photo does NOT do this card justice!! I'm lucky enough to have one of these and it's gorgeous! Thinking I may do this at a WS Sunday but I'll have to see how it looks with the medallion since I don't have the doily one yet.