Thursday, September 8, 2011

Embossing Folders--Not just for backgrounds

Anyone who has stamped with me knows I have a love affair with the embossing folders.  They are a quick and easy way to add that extra something to your cards.  I tend to use them for backgrounds when they feel plain.  But they can just as easily be the focal point too.
We made this card at the August Stamp Camp.  The Flower Garden Embossing Folder was designed to be part of the "Beyond the Garden" Product Suite on pages 106-107 of the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog.  I think it goes equally well with the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper on page 184.

And what do you think of that ribbon?  The New Artichoke Denim Jean Ribbon on page 194.  It is fabulous and also comes in Blue Jean.  I pulled out one of my stand by stamp sets "Oval All" and matching Scallop Oval Punch.  A few dimensionals and we are done.  Quick, easy and a great way to use those little pieces of DSP you have left over from cutting the sheet for other projects.

Order Stampin' Up! Products online 24/7 at My Demonstrator Website.  Have all of my blog posts sent to your Facebook News Feeds by liking my Demonstrator Facebook Page.

Products Used:
Stamps: Oval All (#)
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy (#105214)
Cardstock:  Marina Mist (#119668), Paisley Petals DSP (#122367)
Accessories:  Flower Garden Embossing Folder (#), Artichoke Denim Ribbon (#125054), Scallop Oval Punch (#119856), Big Shot (#113439), Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402), Dimensionals (#104430)

No comments :