Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween--Boo Wreath

Happy Halloween everyone.  I have been wanting to make one of these wreaths for sometime now.  I was able to sit down for 4 hours the other day and make this one.  Now that I have done one, I am sure the next won't take quite as long.  Most of my time was spent planning and getting my kids out of my craft space.

All of the rosettes were done with the Designer Rosette Die.  Though I didn't use the decorative edge area of the die, it made scoring all the fold lines much faster.  The larger of the rosettes were all made with solid colored pieces of cardstock cut at 2" x 11".  Each rosette used two strips of cardstock.  The smaller rosettes were made with two strips of 1-1/2" x 12" pieces of Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Mini Catalog.

Here are a few close ups of the details on the rosettes.  I used a variety of accessories to decorate each rosette, including ribbons, glimmer brads, and buttons.  The "BOO" Banner was cut with a retired set of Big Shot Alphabet.  I chose this one as I wanted larger letters.  I have another wreath in the works that will use the current Big Shot Alphabet in the catalog.  I used the center  piece left from the "O" to make the eye.  I put a smaller black circle on top of the center and cut it down to be at the bottom of the eye area.  The Large Basic Pearl finishes off the detail.  The straw is Crumb Cake cut into thin strips and crumpled up.  There are also bits of Crumb Cake Tulle stuck under the edges of some rosettes.


The entire thing is held together with some two way glue pen and a whole lot of Hot Glue.  The new Silicone Mat makes this a much easier process.  I found the wreath form at the holiday sale area of a local big box retailer.  Think big red and white circles.



PRODUCTS USED: *Denotes Holiday Mini Catalog
Stamps: NONE
Colors: Basic Black, Basic Gray, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, *Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (#126906).
Accessories:  *1/2" Striped Satin Ribbon (#127937), Linen Thread, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Seam Binding, *Crumb Cake Tulle (#127840), Brights Designer Buttons, Basic Glimmer Brads, Brights Glimmer Brads, Circle Punches (3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-3/4", *1-1/4" Scallop (#127811), 1-3/4" Scallop), Piercing Tool
 

No comments :