Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back to School

Each month I have a wonderful group of ladies that gathers for my stamp club. We make a variety of projects each month. Generally we make a card, a scrapbook page and a 3-D item of some sort. With school is in full swing everywhere I thought it would be a nice focus for our scrapbook page last month.
I LOVE the new Owl Punch. He is fun to dress up and soooo easy to use. The Designer Series Paper on his chest is from the Gala Greenhouse collection. It is also used on the strip across the bottom portion. I used it as my inspiration for my color scheme. (Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, and Real Red) Some of the colors only got little hints in the embelishments I made with the "Beary Bright" Build-A-Bear Sizzlits Die. The journaling block in the lower right corner was first punched with the Spiral Border Punch. I then tour a little off the top and bottom before crumpling it to give it that used notebook paper look.
The simple title was done with the "Rough Type" alphabet from the summer mini catalog. The new clear stamp option made this easy to do. Simply place all the letters on one clear block and then stamp at the same time. Worried that the letters will not line up correctly? Do as I did and stamp them crooked on purpose.

Do you live in the SW Oklahoma area? Are you interested in gathering with friends for a few hours of stamping fun once a month? Contact me to join stamp club. We are always ready to welcome new members. There is no supply fee and you will get a chance at earning the hostess benifits. Contact me for more details. fa_stamper@sbcglobal.net
BLOG CANDY COMING SOON!

Products Used:
Stamps: Rough Type Alphabet
Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories: Gala Greenhouse DSP, 2-step Owl Punch, 2-step Bird Punch, Large scallop circle, top note big shot die, spiral punch, Mini Library Clips, Beary Bright Sizzlit, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker

No comments :