Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Spring Cleaning Time

Long Time....No Blog.  We all go through those times where life throws us a curve ball.  Then there are the times when you need to focus on something else for awhile.  The last few months I have had a combination of them both.  February 1st I started homeschooling my middle child.  It took us both some time to get into a groove that didn't wear us out by afternoon.  Summer is upon us and we are still schooling, but we have found a groove that will allow for a little more me time (aka. Stamp Time)!  I am gearing up for new classes. clubs and lots of great surprises!!

The new catalog is just around the corner.  Stampin' Up! is currently in retirement sale time.  For the most recent update of retiring items go directly to MY STORE.  Click on "Shop Now" and then "retiring products".
To prepare for the new catalog I am doing some major Spring Cleaning.  I have been a demonstrator for over 7 years now and collected a lot of swaps in my time.  What is a swap?  From time to time demonstrators exchange card ideas.  I send copies of one card to someone, who then sends me back an assortment of cards from other people.  At Stampin' Up! events the most fun thing can be swapping cards with other demonstrators in person.  Many of us will use these cards for inspiration for our classes or show our customers what other ideas are out there for a stamp set.  Over time the stamp sets retire and the colors may change.  Ribbon or designer paper is no longer available.  BUT I STILL LOVE MY SWAPS!!  I have used many over and over.  I might like the layout or it gives me a technique idea.  Something catches my eye each time I look through them.  After 7 years I have A LOT.  I just don't have room for them all and it is time they helped to inspire someone else.

HOW CAN YOU GET MY INSPIRATIONAL SWAPS?  Easy, place an order of any kind between now and June 30th and I will send you a ziplock bag of swaps and maybe (wink) another small gift from my retired spring cleaning stash.
What good are the swaps to you?  Use them for your own inspiration.  Copy the layout for your next project.  Make it into a full card.  (Many swaps are just the front of the card--ass a half sheet of cardstock and viola--ready to go card.)  Some of the swaps may come ready to send---feel free to give it away.  The only thing I ask it that you DO NOT SELL THE CARDS.  Some wonderful demonstrator took the time to make these to trade with other demonstrators over the years.  These are a treasure that I have valued over the years.  It is just time for me to "pay it forward" so please give the designers the same respect that I have.

DOUBLE YOUR PLEASURE!!  Want two sets of inspirational swaps?  Place an order before May 29th and use the code  "RQXAHHYV" at check out.  I will send you two packs of swaps and an extra gift from my retired stash.



Need a little inspiration each month?  Check out Paper Pumpkin!  It is a new kit that comes to you in the mail each month directly from Stampin' Up!  For only $19.95 a month you receive exclusive stamps and all the supplies you need to create a fun and step by step project.  You can skip a month at any time or just keep enjoying those special red boxed surprises in your mailbox for months to come.  Join Paper Pumpkin! and select me as your demonstrator before June 30th and I will send you another set of inspirational swaps!

No comments :