Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby Announcement Option #2

When designing the card for my friend's baby announcements (shown yesterday), I made another sample to consider. This one also used the Fox & Friends stamp set, but was done in a criss cross pocket card style.
The front pocket covers were done in a One Sheet Wonder Manner. I stamped the animal images all over a sheet of Whisper White and then cut it into the pieces I needed. This is a wonderful way to make your own background paper in whatever colors you wish. The Chocolate Chip strip across the front of the card actually wraps around the entire card like a belly band. It is held closed with a little bit of sticky strip under the turtle area.
The entire insert lifts out so you can write your message, put a photo or the birth information on the front. You can of course turn it over to write something on the back if you wish. This card was enjoyable to make and I like the pull out section, but I am glad I made the other one for my friend. 50 of these would have put a cramp into my stamping hand with all those animals.

Products Used:
Stamps: Fox & Friends, (sentiment from retired hostess set)
Colors: More Mustard, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Gold Brads, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Sticky Strip

No comments :