Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kids items for the craft fair

Here are a couple of things I made for kid gifts. I original thought of the pencil pouch to give to the kids in my daughters Kindergarden class. When I decided to do the craft fair I figured I would try and sell them. Who knows? Maybe I will catch the eye of a teacher or room mother.

I worked out the dimentions so I could get 4 pouches out of one sheet of cardstock. I had to cut the bottom portion so it folded over instead of up. They are 8-1/2" tall. I used a bit of sticky strip and the crimper at the bottom. The DSP is retired (great chance to use up some scraps). The red band in the middle wraps all the way around to help hold the thing shut. The pencils fit tight and put a lot of stress on the side that it taped shut. The tag is from the hostess level 2 stamp set.

The other project for the craft fair is a little Build-A-Bear Coloring Set. There are 8 sheets of primary color cardstock with the plain images on them. I also included a small box of 4 crayons. The tag was made with the Two Tags Big Shot Die. I put the small embossed paw print on the tag and left the rest blank for people to write what they want to on there.

I have been working almost non-stop on things for this event. I am exhausted already. It runs for two days. Saturday from 10-6 and Sunday from noon-5. If you are in the Lawton area you should stop by. I am in the back corner by the food. (Where the band normally sets up for ceremonies)

No comments :