Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thinking of others

This week I have stamped a little bit for others. There are many blogs that mention a little girl in Texas who is ill. They are trying to get cards from every state for her. Here is mine from Oklahoma.
I didn't want to make a somber sympathy card for her. I wanted it to be bright and cheery. I have had the Cutie Pie Designer Paper for months now, but didn't have the right opportunity to use it. I got the layout from SCS sketch challenge #139. I folded over the pattern on the right side. The butterfly and priceless swirls are covered in Irridecent Ice. The pretties flower has some glitter with 2-way glue pen.
Stamps: Priceless, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Cutie Pie, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Versamark
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Irridecent Ice, Glitter, 2-way glue pen, dimensionals

The second card is for my aunt. Her husband passed away the other day after a long battle with various illnesses. She lives several states away, so a card is the best I can do right now. I did think this was a great time to break out the pretties kit and the hat pins. A little crystal effects holds the beads into place on the pin. I got the layout from a card I received in a swap.
Stamps: Holidays & Wishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Almost Amethyst Prints
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pretties Kit, Chocolate Chip Taffata Ribbon, Clearn EP

I am sorry there is not more information on these card for you. There is a large storm coming this way and I don't want to risk the power failing and loosing my internet. BLOG CANDY COMING SOON!!!

No comments :